Keller Technology Corporation, a designer and manufacturer of Special Machinery and Automation Systems with locations in Tonawanda, NY and Charlotte, NC, is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Welding Area Manager
Keller Technology Corporation (KTC), a designer and manufacturer of specialty machinery, is currently seeking a Welding Department Manager to work in our Tonawanda, NY manufacturing facility.
- Base Compensation: up to $75k, Salary Exempt Status
- Bonus program Eligible
- Job Type: Full-time
- Experience Level: Welding Fabrication processes, progressive Leadership responsibilities, and Can-Do Attitude
- Excellent healthcare & vacation benefits
- Progressive and highly technical environment looking for autonomous self-thinkers with a desire to get better every day thru technical and team driven solutions
- Key leader in cultivating a high performing technical team in welding processes and technology
- ASME Pressure Vessel Code
- Quoting and Estimating
- Opportunity to grow with the organization
- Educational and promotional opportunities
- Steel Toe Shoe Re-imbursement program
Keller Technology Corporation was founded in 1918. We specialize in “Build-to-Print”, “Design & Build”, and Contract Manufacturing services for a wide variety of high-technology industries. Keller Technology embraces a culture of strong customer service and schedule, quality employees, and a disciplined engineered approach. We design, provide build-to-print, and contract manufacturing services to specification, including ASME pressure vessel, on strict schedules. To learn more visit https://www.kellertechnology.com/
We are looking for someone highly motivated with a strong work ethic & desire to bring cutting edge leadership, manufacturing, and technical solution to join our welding team as the department manager. All training will be provided as needed.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
- Daily Shop Floor welding department leadership and team development including: coaching and mentoring as well as creating ownership and a team culture.
- Lead and participate in meetings as well promote growth and cutting edge thinking; act as an integral member of the KTC shop floor leadership team.
- Daily ownership of weld department schedule, manufacturing plan, and application of resources.
- Continuous and process improvement involvement.
- Create team involvement, expectations, and accountability.
- Lead on drawing interpretation, development of welding fabrication estimates including welding and machining, compilation of project cost/proposal information.
- Develop methodology of welding for manufacture: includes estimating, quoting, and planning for the weld department.
- Troubleshoot, adjust, and operate welding equipment, welding processes, and materials
- Work independently or as part of a team and make sound decisions, develop plans, and solve welding fabrication challenges.
- Continual development of personal and departmental skills to enhance KTC capabilities.
- Continuous education on welding, fabrication, lean/process improvement, and fixturing capabilities
- Contributing member of KTC leadership team and cultural environment
- High level of problem solving ability – desire to improve current processes
- Ability to estimate welding fabrication for quotation.
- Proficient in welding and fabrication processes including implementation of technology, fixturing, robot, and process improvements.
- Welding code proficiency; preferably ASME pressure vessel.
- Ability to interpret welding and fabrication drawings and adapt welding processes for manufacture.
- Progressive Leadership responsibilities and can-do attitude.
- Ability to coach and mentor others. This includes methodology of welding fabrication and development of leadership pipeline.
- Highly motived team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- High degree of ownership, willingness to learn, and desire to make those around you better
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project.
- Engineering Tech., AAS/BS preferred; comparable job experience will be considered.
- Full Time Position, Some Travel Required, Overtime Required when Necessary.
How to Apply
Please send resumes in confidence to: email@example.com